Can Shaw Law get results for you?
Tell us about your situation.
How to Choose the Right Divorce Attorney in Georgia
With so many divorce and family law attorneys in the Atlanta area, it can be difficult to decide which attorney you should hire for your divorce case. When you consider which lawyer to choose, ask yourself the following questions:
- Does the firm focus only on family law? If not, they may not have the expertise to negotiate or litigate a complex case.
- Do you have a complicated case, like an international or out-of-state custody dispute? Even experienced divorce attorneys may not be qualified or willing to take on such complexities, which can include arranging personal service in a foreign country or handling complex jurisdiction issues between states.
- How many open cases does each attorney handle? If an attorney tries to handle too many cases at once, you may not get the attention or quality work that you need and deserve.
- How fast can your case get started? Some attorneys have a limited response time and are simply unable to handle emergencies in a timely manner.
- Does the attorney speak "straight" with you? Does he or she know what they are doing? Can your attorney give you a plan? Does your attorney have a track record of real world success and not just empty words or awards?
At Shaw Law Firm PC, we are able to provide the expertise, attention and speed that many of our competitors cannot. When necessary, we have taken on emergency cases, even the night before a court date, so as to protect our client’s interests. Even more importantly, we have the expertise to handle complex family law issues effectively and efficiently, with a track record to back it up.